What is Hair Strobing?
Posted: Monday, June 13th, 2016
Strobing your hair refers to the technique of strategically adding highlights to your hair in places that flatter your hair color, face shape and skin tone in order to accentuate your natural beauty. And unlike traditional highlights, strobing is a three-part process. To accomplish, color is first applied in wide strips for dimension and contrast. Your stylist would typically use a range of color that is two shades lighter and two shades darker than your natural hair. Then your stylist would go back and highlight to build dimension.
Fun Facts about Strobing
- Strobing complements everyone because color is applied to your unique features, including face shape and natural hair shade.
- Strobing aims to enhance your natural color with lighter pieces.
- The ‘strobing’ effect is accomplished through the combination of chunky and thin highlights used throughout the hair.
More on the Strobing Technique
- First, your stylist will ‘contour’ your hair by blending in your natural tone to your existing hair color.
- Your face shape will be used to decide the areas where best to apply color to achieve the most flattering look.
- Next, your hair will be sectioned into various sizes and your stylist will highlight where it feels right. This individualized highlighting will make your eyes pop and accentuate your cheekbones.
- Your stylist will create different angles with their brush when applying color to create shade and light all the while blending into your natural color.
Are you interested in trying out this new hair color trend? Book in for an appointment with your stylist today!