Best Ways to Tame Hair Frizz this Labor Day Weekend
Posted: Friday, August 26th, 2016
We’re looking forward to the holiday this Labor Day weekend! Not in the mood to deal with aggravating hair frizz caused by humidity, heat and even strong beach breezes? We’ve got you covered! Read on to learn tips on avoiding frizz altogether as well as useful solutions for hair that’s already frizzed-out.
- Shampoo Every Other Day. Washing your hair strips away natural oils that help to tame frieze. Try shampooing only every other day to let your natural oils help calm your hair. If you find that your scalp is oily after one day, try using a dry shampoo, such as Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray.
- Be Smart When Styling Your Hair with Heat. Exposing your hair to heat from curling, straightening or blow-drying can damage it and cause it to look frizzy. When applying heat to your gorgeous mane, be smart and use a heat protectant to prevent breakage and damage. We love Oribe Balm d’Or Heat Styling Shield.
- Gentle Dry Your Hair. Towel drying your hair can cause damage and unwanted volume around your hair’s cuticles. If you’re looking to skip the hairdryer after showering, opt to pat dry your hair using a soft microfiber towel. There are a number of good ones out there that will let you easily wrap your hair into a bun.
- Put a Protective Layer Over Your Hair. A crucial step to preventing frizz is to finish off your look with a high-quality anti-humidity spray. This protective layer will create a barrier against the elements, making it difficult for moisture to affect your locks. We are raving about Oribe Impermeable Anti-Humidity Spray.
- Apply Natural Oil to Your Hair. Humidity makes the little scales that make up our hair stand straight up. To calm the cuticle and conquer frizz quickly, try applying a small amount of natural oil like Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil by Oribe.
- Spray Your Hair with a Leave-In Conditioner. This will help to strengthen hair follicles and maintain porousness in your hair. We love Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Crème or Oribe Curl Control Silkening Crème.
We hope you all have amazing plans for the upcoming holiday! Regardless of what you do, these tips will help keep your hair in check and looking amazing – hair frizz will not be a problem!