The Salon at 10 Newbury
New Salon Policies
The safety of our employees and clientele has always been our #1 priority. We are excited to be planning and preparing for our salon’s re-opening on May 26th. In addition to our regular cleaning routines and housekeeping services, we have increased our cleaning procedures and will be regularly cleaning and sanitizing high-touch areas. We are following all of the safety standards and guidelines to reopen our salon in a safe and timely manner. Look at some of the new policies we have in place to prepare for your upcoming appointment.
- Masks are to be worn at all times by employees and clients. We can provide masks for clients if needed for services.
- Social distancing measures are in place – 6 feet apart at all times unless providing a service.
- Hand washing or sanitizing will be required for all clients upon arrival for appointments.
- Temperatures will be taken upon arrival for appointments using a touch-less thermometer. If you are not feeling well or display any symptoms, we will have to reschedule your appointment for another time to ensure the safety of you as well as our salon.
- We are working by appointment only, no walk-ins will be accepted. Our online appointment system is unavailable until further notice. If you would like to request an appointment, you can fill out the form at the bottom of the page and we will add you to our waiting list.
- Please do not bring others to your appointments to limit the # of people in the salon.
- No outside food or beverages will be allowed. We can offer bottled water during this time.
- We ask that all clients wait outside the salon or in their cars until the time of their appointment. We do not have a waiting area at this time and want to ensure your safety upon your arrival. We ask that you call us when you arrive to check to see if we are ready for you. 617-247-4900
- Clients will be provided with a clear reusable bag filled with a mask, laundered towels, robes, and capes needed for their appointments. These bags can then be used to put personal items in, such as wallets, keys, etc. Please refrain from bringing many items with you.
- We are not offering blow-dry services at this time to help prevent the spread of particles in the air.
- We will not be accepting cash or check payments at this time, contactless payment methods are encourage. Gratuities can be left on a credit card or via Venmo.
We look forward to getting through this time together and looking forward to getting back to a new normal!
To learn more about the safety standards and protocols our salon and staff are taking to re-open, click on the links below:
MA Safety Standards Hair Salons
MA Hair Salons Protocol Summary