Hair Loss Prevention
Posted: Saturday, August 25th, 2018
It may be difficult finding a single solution for hair loss, but there are steps that can be taken to prevent or delay future hair loss from occurring. Adding these steps to your routine can have a significant impact on the health of your hair.
- Massage your scalp
- Regular scalp massaging increases blood circulation throughout the scalp, which can increase the nutrient intake within hair follicles.
- Scalp facials
- Cleansing the scalp on a regular basis is important to removing buildup from clogged hair follicles, which will promote healthy hair growth.
- Pulling hair back too tight can cause a lot of stress on the hair follicle, especially along the hairline. Overtime, the pulling at the hair can cause follicle damage, which will result in hair loss in that area. This is one of the leading causes of recession to the hairline. To avoid follicle damage or hair loss, take the following measures:
- Do not restrain wet hair or put into a ponytail, make sure the hair is completely dry before putting it up
- Use a silk pillowcase to reduce friction at the hair follicle
- Eating protein daily helps the body produce Keratin, which is a large part of the structure of hair. If the body is lacking protein, it is not producing enough Keratin to sustain a healthy pattern of hair growth.
These are just a few steps that can be taken to prevent hair loss. To learn more about hair loss prevention, visit Cesare Ragazzi’s Tricology site to see what will be coming to The Salon At 10 Newbury in the near future!